Monday, June 05, 2006

 

Wrong Mommy and the Cheerleaders

Another great Eskimo season is upon us soon (competing with Oiler games which has not happened in many moons). We’ve had Mackenzie and Parker in their kid’s camp “Eski-mini’s”. It’s a lot of fun for the kids and they get to be in the half time show of the Eskimo game on June 9th.
Plan on it for next year for your kids and they will love it.
While I wasn’t too sure what to think about my son wanting to be a part of the cheerleading team, I am now quite convinced after attending one of the practices, that it was to be as close as possible to the Eskimo cheerleaders. Way to go son!
As we left the practice, my littlest guy Tanner succumbed to a wrong mommy moment. It brought back memories of when I was little and my grandpa Jim had taken me to see the trotters at the harness race (he used to own a stable). I was running around the grounds and seeing a jolly old fellow with the same colour sweater on as my grandpa, I decided to run up and give him the double fist rib shot.
As a startled, grumpy old stranger spun around, I thought to myself “oh, oh”. I then turned around to see my grandpa sitting in the bleachers with a look of wonder as to why on earth I would do what I just did.
Now back to Tanner. As I was herding the cats, I mean my kids, in the hallway of Vic comp, Tanner was annoyingly running ahead trying to avoid dad. He then proceeded to latch on to the leg of a lady dressed exactly as my wife (wrong mommy). With his head turned looking back at me and laughing that he was “getting away”, the startled lady was trying to shake this four year old off her leg.
As I yelled “Tanner, that’s not mommy!” he looked up and in a flash of horror realized just that. Head down, blushing face, he ran back in a real hurry.
The kid was quite embarrassed so I debated making him feel better by giving one of the Eskimo cheerleaders a big bear hug and then exclaiming “Hey! You’re not my wife!”

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?