Monday, March 06, 2006

 

Lic-a-licious Advertising

It pays to advertise as the old saying goes. I couldn’t agree more as that is a big part of the business that I am in.
We were out for a bit of a family shopping trip last week when I saw first hand how good advertising can actually work.
As we waited in the checkout line, I noticed that the store had a huge decal of a hotdog on the floor of their store. It was obviously meant to entice shoppers for a tasty treat after their shopping experience.
My wife and I were chatting when out of the corner of my eye, I see my little guy Tanner (age 3) down on all fours licking the hotdog decal on the floor.
Feeling fits of laughter and embarrassment all at once, we hoisted him back up to his feet, turned to the crowd behind us and gave them the best “yes, we do feed him” look that we could.
Yes, the advertising did work! We took Tanner for the real hot dog deal to wash down that dirt special he had as an appetizer.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?