Monday, March 06, 2006

 

Honk! Honk! with a little Christmas Spirit

As the snow starts to cover the landscape, we approach that special time of year. With only 37 days until Christmas, parents around the world unite and pull out that favourite catch phrase “Santa’s watching!”
Granted, it can lose its luster when you use it more than a dozen times in a day but it does manage to stop them in their temper-tantrum tracks once in a while.
I take amusement in the moments when my kids use it on their siblings as well. We have successfully turned it into a family saying.
Parker, our five year old, brought out his own saying this past week. He was on the receiving end of some stern parental advice when he shouted at his mother “Someone needs some Christmas spirit!”
I quickly excused myself to another room to allow my tears of laughter to flow unobserved.
Keeping with the sayings theme, my littlest guy Tanner has an unusual one he uses with regularity. The kids like to wrestle with me and we always have a fun time doing it (until one of us hurts ourselves). When I have the kids pinned, they’ll start to yell until I let them up for some more wrestling action.
Not Tanner, when I have him pinned down, he yells “Honk, Honk!” I cannot for the life of me figure out where he came up with that one and my wife cannot either.
So the next time your boss has you pinned in the corner looking for that report you were supposed to have done, give it a try. “Honk Honk!”

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?