Monday, March 27, 2006

 

Greener than green

Last Friday was a very green one indeed. St. Patrick’s Day was abound and everyone was in the spirit. I had one extremely green (and loud) Irish tie, courtesy of my Irish father-in-law. Speaking of my Irish father-in-law, he was reminiscing last week about the best ten years of his life. I listened intently and then exclaimed “Tell me more…tell me more about grade three!”
My father-in-law used to be in Ireland’s Navy. He was stationed aboard a submarine until the day that it sank. Apparently someone had knocked on their hatch. But enough about my dear wife’s dad.
The kids were excited about St. Patty’s day and mommy jumped right in. Prior to the morning chaos, mom slipped downstairs to the kitchen and with food colouring in hand, proceeded to turn all of the milk in our fridge green. It took no further convincing for our three kids that a leprechaun had indeed been to our house.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?