Monday, March 06, 2006

 

From the mouths of babes....

From the mouths of babes come some beauties once in a while. Case in point. I was down at Northlands with my kids enjoying the day. Some friendly old fellow passes by, sees the kids and comes on over to give his nickels worth (I’m sure it was a penny in his day). “Hey kids, spending the day with dad?” he grinned.
Well, nice enough man, but to say he had some bad teeth would be the understatement of the year. My daughter looked up at him and quickly exclaimed, “You’re teeth are yellow!” Yikes! Before I could cut her off, and in his failed attempt to distract her to another topic, she then informed him, “I brush my teeth.” Yikes again! As I was telling her that that was enough, her brother chimed in, “I brush my teeth too.” I was caught in the middle of a “I brush my teeth” storm, staring at this bewildered old man. I was speechless. With an apologetic look, I gave him a “you asked” shrug and ushered the kids away.
At least my two year old didn’t get in on the teeth debate, because he probably would have bit the old guy like he does everyone else.

Speaking of the Olympics, we have a mini event each week at our house. The toilet paper roll pull. Mackenzie has passed the age requirements for this event leaving Parker and Tanner as our top competitors. The record thus far is held by Parker who has pulled the toilet paper roll into the family room, through the kitchen, through the dining room and into the living room. I’m sure he would have made it further had his brother not taken it upon himself to “Rip the roll”. Stiff competition.
It’s a fun time had by the boys leaving mom and dad with the unwelcome job of the “Re-Roll”. You know the one if you’ve ever had kids. A toilet paper roll that is about five times its normal size.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?