Sunday, March 12, 2006

 

Fourth Kid Democracy

We watched the movie last week Yours, Mine and Ours starring Dennis Quaid. It was a story about a couple marrying and combining their two families for a grand total of 18 kids. Wow! That would be ok with me as long as I had a home based business that required some kind of assembly line.
Coincidence or not, the next day my wife started quizzing me about us having our fourth child. Once I was done laughing, I asked her “Are you serious?”
The look on her face told me she was.
I love our three kids dearly but when thoughts enter of having more, the first thing that comes to mind is; I do not have an assembly line in my house nor do I think I will in the future. With two strapping young lads getting bigger each day, I believe that our lawn mowing and snow removal requirements will be well taken care of in the future.
Our heavy labour needs seem to be under control, meaning we do not require a larger work force. Of course it would be fun having more kids, not to mention another endless source of items for this column, but I can see daylight! I haven’t had to change a diaper in a couple of years and to be honest; I’ve loved every minute of it!
But to be fair and to get all of your input on this matter, I have decided to take a poll. I will drive around St. Albert this evening between 1:00 and 2:00 am. If you feel we should have a fourth child, please leave all of your lights on in your house. If you feel that three is the perfect number and we should hold at that, please turn off all of the lights in your house. I will do a very accurate count and then we shall let democracy decide our fate!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?