Monday, March 06, 2006

 

Chocolate Milk!

My youngest son Tanner turned the mighty age of three this week. So I thought I would devote the diaper files to him.
“Chocolate milk…warmed up!!” he yells about thirty two times in a row EACH AND EVERY morning at six am. This is how my day starts. My wife has mastered the art of ignoring his demands but I always cave after request number seventeen.
All of our family and friends affectionately refer to Tanner as the Doogaler. Or the Doogs. This was a creation of my wife who labeled him at a young age as the Doogaler of Doogal. Don’t even ask me what it means because I have no clue. It just became a fun name to say!
I’m fairly certain that he is going to be stuck with this nickname for the rest of his life. Almost like Jeff Bridges in the Big Lebowski, he will be known to everyone as “the dooooogs”.
My favorite trick of the Doogs is his shoe trick. I will lean over to help him put his shoes on. With his left shoe in my hand he will promptly raise his right foot. We both pause waiting for the other to adjust. Refusing to lower his right foot, I put down the left shoe and pick up the right shoe. Right on cue, he drops his right foot and raises his left foot. Arrrgggh! Without fail, this happens every time.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?