Monday, March 06, 2006

 

The Cereal Fairy

The gullible innocence of kids is sometimes just too good to pass up on. I was up early and heading off to work last week when I decided to help get the morning chaos off to a better start. Nothing major, but one less thing for mom to do when trying to get the kids off to school.
I set out all the cereal bowls, spoons and cereal.
A call from my wife later in the day revealed that the kids now figured there was a cereal fairy in our house. Yes, I can hear you all now, my fairy title has returned. They were amazed as they came into the kitchen to see that the table had been mysteriously set for breakfast.
So every few days I’ve taken it upon myself to perpetuate this myth. I even went so far as to print off a very mini to do list that was mistakenly left behind.
Friday Fairy To Do List
- Wake up, brush fairy hair and teeth
- Go to Mackenzie, Parker and Tanner’s house to put out cereal.
- Go to the Tooth fairy’s house for lunch and visit
- Visit the Keebler’s tree for cookies
- Don’t forget my fairy to do list anywhere

Printed on a 2”x 2” piece of paper and left on the breakfast table, this helped seal the deal and confirm that we absolutely had a cereal fairy coming to our house.
It’s great fun doing things like this and they’re great memory makers. My entire family still reminisces about “George”. A character my grandfather Jim had dreamed up out at the lake cabin. George would visit every time the grand kids were out at the lake and would hide boxes of smarties for all the kids to find.
My only mistake so far was not coming up with a bold name like George and letting the fairy theme continue.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?