Monday, March 06, 2006

 

The "BIG" kick

Soccer season is well under way and our family has had some busy nights. Just between our six and four year old, we have soccer four nights per week. Can’t wait until our third gets into the program!
It’s amazing how many kids are out each night enjoying the great game of soccer. Every field in the city is packed with the little ankle biters with huge smiles on their face.
This is Parker’s first year playing. He has mastered the art of the ‘big’ kick. It’s the running after the ball afterwards he has to work on. I would call him a true 360 degrees soccer player. Meaning, it doesn’t matter which direction he is facing, he unleashes the big kick, sits back and admires the distance it has gone.
He also had a good three game scoring streak going. All on his own net but it’s a start!
Watching four year olds run around in a pack chasing a soccer ball with huge smiles on their face is worth the price of admission every time.

Ever have that feeling you’re being stared at? I had that feeling last week when I was at Parker’s soccer game. It was snack time during the half and I was chatting with some people and I looked over to see all of the parents on the team staring at me and laughing. Coach Scott was kind enough to tell me that my four year old son announced to everyone that his freezy tasted like beer.
We’ve got the whole family down at the Eskimo game tonight as the Eskimos host their first preseason game. It should be a fun night as Mackenzie takes to the field at half time as one of the Eski-Mini cheerleaders and my wife is celebrates her 29th birthday (She turns 29 every year).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?