Monday, March 06, 2006

 

The Alphabet

Crazy thing that alphabet. It makes for a good song and my kids love singing it.
I think at any one time we have all been a little guilty of not knowing the words to our favorite tune. Does that stop us from mumbling right along anyways? Not a chance. Training for this skill (or lack of) begins at a very early age.
My four year old is the perfect case. He’s good for an alphabet rendition once or twice a day. My favorite part comes at the L M N O P portion of the song.
His comes out … J K L N N N N P… It’s good for a laugh and I don’t have the heart (or the patience) right now to try and correct him on his M’s.
His counting is quite amusing as well. Nine, ten, eleven, e-twelve, e-thirteen, e-fourteen…
Speaking of imperfect speech, what’s with those Teletubbies? They can’t go away soon enough if you ask me. I’ve been a very fortunate soul, in that the kids only grasped on to that goofy show for a month or so and then it was on to some good ol’ Scooby Doo and SpongeBob. I’ve had friends tell me that after constant watching of the ‘Tubbies”, their kid’s speech dropped to an all time low. Go figure. Not one word mumbled in that show is understandable. Here’s hoping it gets banned to the VHS shelves and barred from ever making DVD’s.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?